Jarmous

.
.
.
You smelled of cigarettes and coffee this time
like someone out of that Jarmous's movie

Everything in technicolor and you.....
black and white

Resting against the wall with your head hung
you were looking at something on the floor
I thought

You had the road in you

I could tell the first time I laid eyes on you



















There was a half finished bottle of beer on the table
People buzzing in that old bar
there was silence around you
silence enveloped me when I approached you

You lifted your head up for a moment and looked vaguely at me when I drew the chair and sat opposite you

We didn't talk much
we stayed all night in that corner at the old bar

We parted outside and saw you walking down the road as the sun was coming up
You belonged there
on the road

Not this time

I left you there and took the road with me
the coffee and the smoke
like that Jarmous's movie
like Jack

No comments: